Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Question from a Reader


Do you sometimes think, deep down, in your heart of hearts, that poly is "a bad idea"?

At least as often as deep down in my heart of hearts i think it's a great idea!

I've had some pretty ugly experiences. Some my doing, some not so much. Yet I can't imagine my life without the mindset that it can be real, it can be A Very Good Thing, that I can make that happen for me. You, for instance, set a beautiful example of the wonderful way poly can manifest in our lives. I know others whose relationships are inspiring. And certainly I see examples of polyamorous relationship styles that I absolutely could not manage, being who I am. I see many others who, like me, identify poly yet have only that one significant other, "at least until another loving partner comes into my life."

I think about how difficult it is to meet ANYONE, yet alone someone compatible personally and in the values for and philosophy of love, relationship, and Life. I'm certainly not waiting around for the RIGHT additional partner to come along. Whether or not my dyad becomes triad or some other combination of people loving and living life together, deep down in my heart of hearts I trust that polyamory will keep my heart and mind open for whatever love, in whatever form, the Universe brings me.

No comments:

Post a Comment