Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Everybody's Got a Dream

I've been thinking about what mine are lately.

In many ways I am living what I think of as my dream these days.  It's the hiking thing.  I have been walking in the woods and mountains a couple times a week for a few months.  I got to go backpacking once this summer, almost twice, and may be able to go over the winter, too.  I had to give up The Enchantment hikes because of the issue with my foot.  Next year I'll do it, that's a point on the dream list.

I want to do section hikes on the PCT over the next few years.  That's approximately 40 miles at a time...a week, probably.

I want to do more hiking on Rainier and in the Olympics.  I want to go to Wyoming and hike The Tetons and Yellowstone.

I want to hike no matter where we are in the world.

I want to live where I can walk out the door and get to trails.  I want all ultralight gear. :)  I want to be thinner to be both healthy and attractive, as well as relieve my knees, hips, and feet of the extra weight I carry.

I think my dreams here are attainable.  I am working toward them now and all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment